Writers must always find ways to polish their skills. I attend workshops and writing conferences regularly, but I need more. That's why I developed Word Woman. Once a week, I select a word and use it as a writing prompt. Then I write a paragraph or two using the word and post my work on social media. Sound boring? No way - it's commoving!
Check it out on Instagram and Facebook via the links below.
Christopher Martin Photography
Random Things About Me
A little bit about me...
1. I have 3 awesome kiddos! One boy and two girls.
2. I live in Canada. Very close to the Rocky Mountains near Calgary, Alberta.
3. I LOVE nature - except bugs. I draw much inspiration for my writing from nature.
4. I was a competitive dancer in my youth. To this day, I have super gnarly dancer toes.
5. My Dad still has the first story I ever wrote when I was about 6(ish). It's called The Crush Man. It's a one pager about orange soda and quite riveting.
6. I love riding my one speed vintage bike. It's mint green with a wicker basket and her name is, Julep.
7. I long to travel the world - and I fully intend to.
8. My favorite place to write away from home is Starbucks.
9. I could eat pizza everyday for the rest of my life.
10. I'm not a fan of coffee. I drink a lot of tea!
11. I love stories in all their forms: written word, song, film and television, music, art pieces, dance and theater.